Crowded Corner Press may be interested in publishing your book!
Thank you for your interest in publishing with Crowded Corner Press. We are proud to support the many signs of freedom appearing in creative forms such as print, photography, and music, to name a few.
We’re also interested in books or materials that educate and demonstrate how freedom, and/or its absence, affects the lives of people around the world.
Toward that end, we will consider proposals for books, CDs, DVDs, and photography.
Book and/or Project Proposal
The proposal you submit will be the basis on which we determine your project’s suitability for publication with our press. We have assembled the following guidelines to help you prepare your proposal in a manner that will make the evaluation process faster and more effective.
- Author Information. Sent us your bio, resume, or curriculum vitae. Share with us your professional credentials and your current job. Let us know of any previously published works (including papers and articles), speaking experience, or radio or television appearances. Tell us why you’re the most qualified person to create and help us promote your book!
- Rationale Statement. What is your book or project about, and to whom is it directed? What are the main themes, and what are your objectives in writing or producing it? Why is this project important? What are you doing differently or better than other similar books or media projects on the market?
- Manuscript Sample. For books, please submit both a hard copy and electronic files. Include the following:
- A table of contents.
- A detailed outline of the book, including chapter titles and a paragraph for each chapter that explains what that chapter will cover.
- At least two sample chapters and an estimated schedule of when the other chapters will be complete. Please be realistic.
- An estimate of the final word count of the completed book. (We understand that this is a rough estimate only.) An indication of how many (if any) tables, diagrams, illustrations, or photos will be included in your book. Will your book include references, footnotes, or appendixes?
For CDs, DVDs, and photography, please submit electronic files and hard-copy printouts of any relevant material. Include:
- For CDs, DVDs, and photography, please submit electronic files and hard-copy printouts of any relevant material. Include:
- A table of contents or brief written outline of the project as a whole.
- A detailed outline, if relevant for a larger multimedia project.
- A substantial sample of (1) what the project will include, (2) an estimate of the final length and scope of the project, and (3) an estimated schedule of when it will be complete. Please be realistic.
- Marketing Data. Please provide the following information:
- Target audience. Who will buy your book, CD, DVD, or photo project?
- Market size, description, and demographics.
- A list of competing books or projects already on the market and, if possible, sales figures for these titles.
- A discussion of how your project differs from others like it (for instance, specific content not found elsewhere or a new or different approach to the topic).
Preparing the Book Manuscript Sample
The manuscript sample should be typed (preferably in Word or saved in a rich text format), double-spaced, and printed on plain white 8½ x 11 inch paper. Please use at least 12-point type and allow at least one-inch margins on both sides, top, and bottom. Type or print only on one side of the paper. Please include page numbers. Please use letter-quality type to make the manuscript as clean and legible as possible.
If your manuscript will contain art of any kind (photos, charts, graphs, line drawings, etc.), please do not embed the artwork into the text portion of your manuscript. Rather, save the art electronically in the original application(s) in which it was created or stored (e.g., Microsoft Excel, Adobe Photoshop, Corel Freehand, etc.), and then simply insert references to the various pieces of artwork in the text portion of your manuscript (e.g., “Insert Photo 1 here.”). As with the text portion of your manuscript, please submit both electronic and hard-copy versions of each piece of art with the electronic file name on the bottom, right-hand corner of the page.
Spelling: Use the first spelling listed in Webster’s Collegiate Dictionary, 11th edition.
Style and Punctuation: Please use the serial comma. Refer to the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition regarding numbers and other issues of style.
All materials submitted should be copies only, as Crowded Corner Press will not be responsible for submissions that are lost or damaged. Please include a cover letter indicating your name, address, e-mail address, and a daytime phone number where you can be reached.
Send your proposal to:
Crowded Corner Press
P.O. Box 270545
Fort Collins, CO 80527-0545